Welcome to your March Mindful Updates 🙂
Thank you very much for your replies, feedback and stories about how mindfulness has impacted you. Please send me more. It is pure joy to hear how your lives have changed and how you are continuing the journey 🙂 I have been busy! Almost 600 tickets have been booked already for the Mass Meditation Event at Kirkstall Abbey grounds on the 11th May. Thank you for spreading the word! I attached a flyer and a poster, please keep sharing it on social media, with your networks, friends, work colleagues, and neighborhoods. I would love to see you all there with your friends and families 🙂
1) The next Silent Sunday Retreat will be on the 7th of April 10am – 4pm. We will focus on loving kindness, gratitude and appreciation as we did recently. It is £20 for a day of mindfulness practices in a beautiful location. Please email me soon if you would like to book a place.
2) My next 8-week Mindfulness course will be starting on Thursday 6th of June, 7.30pm-9.30pm, until 25th July in Weetwood. Full price for the course is £250, please see the leaflet for discounts and more details. Please pass it on to anyone who you think would be interested or may benefit. I am super busy organising the May event and realised I can’t offer a course any earlier. But there are other places if you want to connect with mindfulness.
3) Other courses and retreats in the area
- This first one is for mindfulness teachers only. It is about a new program of mindfulness for the workplaces in York on 28th of March. For more info or to get tickets please go to https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
introducing-the-mboe- mindfulness-based- organisational-education- tickets-56034094485
- This one is for everyone: TRE workshop (Tension releasing exercise) in Skipton 2-3rd April TRE is a self-help tool that once learned can be used as needed to support your own physical, emotional and mental wellbeing. For more info visit www.shapingclarity.com
- The next Mindfulness Day Retreat at Brockholes Nature’s Reserve near Preston is scheduled for the 14th April, then its will be 23rd June and 20th October. It is always £35 for a day of practice with lunch included. To book or for more info please contact email@example.com
- Another 8 week course with a colleague Geraldine Brakewell will be starting on Thursday 25th April at Friends Meeting House at Adel. Please email her directly to book firstname.lastname@example.org
- The MBSR course with a colleague Alex La Via in Guisley starting on the 9th of May https://www.
equilibriummindfulness.com/ event-info/mindfulness-based- stress-reduction-mbsr-8-week- course She is also running a workshop on Mindfulness and Kind Wellbeing on 24 March, https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/ e/mindfulness-and-kind- wellbeing-tickets-56146971102
4) Some of you may remember an amazing Broken Brain Series about two years ago. Well, the second part focused onMind-Body connections is starting online on the 3rd of April for 8 days. As before each episode will be freely available only for 24h. I have already signed up. To register please go to https://brokenbrain.com/
5) Listen to Pete Turner again on Liz Green’s Zen Hour BBC Radio Leeds. It’s a drop box link therefore so big, but the interview is only 16min long. Enjoy! https://www.dropbox.com/scl/
6) Action for Happiness Mindful March calendar, you can still use it for 10 days 🙂 Please download and put up on the fridge or above your desk at work https://t.co/9oQ9VxKnot
7) Ok so here is a handful of interesting articles for you. I read a lot and not just about mindfulness so this time there is more on physical health or functional medicine approach.
- Top 8 weight-loss strategies by dr Jason Fung https://www.dietdoctor.com/
- Depression is not about low serotonin it is about inflammation in the body by Dr Kelly Brogan https://kellybroganmd.com/
- On the role of contraceptive pills in gallbladder problems by Dr Joylene Brighten https://drbrighten.com/birth-
- Breathing techniques to ease stress and anxiety and improve you general wellbeing. https://articles.mercola.com/
sites/articles/archive/2019/ 01/31/best-breathing- techniques.aspx?
- Men who can do 40 push ups have significantly reduced risk of cardiovascular problems https://fitness.mercola.com/
- Are you getting sleepy after meals?
- On the importance of oral hygiene https://articles.mercola.com/
sites/articles/archive/2019/ 02/09/root-canal-infection. aspx?
- On cleaning up your diet and how emulsifiers added to food contribute to inflammation, anxiety and depression
- Top 3 dangers of LED lights
8) Mindfulness in the media in December to January https://www.
As always please share your thoughts or reflections on anything that I am sending, and of course do let me know if you no longer want to receive these updates.
with very best wishes,