Happy New Year my dear friends! Welcome to your January Mindful Updates 🙂
Do you remember MoMM last year? Almost 2000 people joined us throughout the day at the Kirkstall Abbey grounds to meditate and try out different ways of practicing self-care. We are hoping to repeat it in May 2020, so in preparation, we are gathering for 2h between 7-9pm next Friday 24th of January at Sheng Yoga Studio (Trafalgar House, 29 Park Pl, Leeds LS1 2SP) to share our vision for this year’s global meditation event. You will have the opportunity to meet the MoMM power team, buy some of my mindfulness and healthy living books and connect with the tribe of likeminded people. Many of you have been before. Whether you are new to MoMM or would like to be involved again, please RSVP to email@example.com and please share far and wide 🙂
And now to other announcements, and there many!:
1. The last few places left on the Mindfulness with the Soul retreat and workshop 26th Jan, 10am-4pm. More info including feedback from the previous one in attachments. For further questions or to book a place email me directly. It is £40 for the full-day event or £60 for two.
2. The next Silent Sunday retreat will be on the 23rd of February 10-4pm as usual. Poster attached, please pass on. Most likely there won’t be another until after the 10th May big MoMM event.
3. My next 4-week mindfulness course “Building Resilience with Mindfulness” is starting on the 26th of February, Wednesday 7.30pm – 9.30pm, (LS16 5NZ). Description in the leaflet attached. It’s £110 per person if 3 people book together, regular price £140 for four 2-hour sessions.
4. If you are interested in taking your mindfulness practice to another level I’d love to introduce you to my friend and mentor Kalyani Ma Mukti. She is a tantric coach and here is a link https://www.youtube.com/watch?
5. Next few months of related offerings in the area and further afield:
- You probably know how much I love Tara Brach. She is offering a free 10-day Radical Compassion Challenge. Between 21st – 30th January every day she will be talking with a different mindfulness teacher and also leading an online practice. The perfect way to start a year! https://www.tarabrach.com/
calendar/radical-compassion- challenge-free-10-day-online- event/
- My friends and colleagues at Northern Centre for Mindfulness and Compassion are offering a new 6-week course on Living with uncertainty starting on the 4th Feb. For more info or to book click on https://yorkmbsr.co.uk/event/
- In March another friend and mentor Penny Vine is offering a Foundation Training in Non-Violent Communication also known as Compassionate Communication. It will be help at The Holles, 21st -22nd March, 10am -5pm. For more information go to http://www.pennyvine.com/
foundation-course-1/ and to book please contact her directly firstname.lastname@example.org
- I have one more event in March to recommend to you 🙂 On the 28th of March we will have the “Archaic Singing Workshop” 10am -5pm also at The Hollies. More info at https://www.facebook.com/
- And if you are looking for early holiday ideas another mindfulness teacher friend Alex LaVia is offering a Digital Detox Retreat: Living more offline in May 2020, (18-23rd) Go to https://www.livemoreoffline.
com/digital-detox-retreats for more details and to book.
6. Psychedelics-Assisted Therapy My journey carries on and I have now registered on a website listing therapists who offer psychedelic preparation and integration services
entheogeneration/?pk_campaign= 2019-12-YEFR-Email7&pk_kwd= txt-august-highlight- entheogeneration
bulletin/articles/436-maps- bulletin-spring-2019-vol-29,- no-1/7697-maps-bulletin- spring-2019-vol-29,-no-1
7. And lastly just one article listing best mindfulness books of 2019
As always please share your thoughts or reflections and of course do let me know if you no longer want to receive these updates.
With love and gratitude,