Welcome to your December Mindful Updates 🙂
How are you, my friends? I feel really good, grounded and aware. I have been on an amazing journey in the last 6 months. Since attending the Retreat for clinicians who want to work with psychedelic assisted therapy in June I feel even more mindful and connected with life and the beauty of everyday moments than ever before. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas break and a great start to a New Year! Please pass this newsletter on and help me bring mindfulness and wellbeing into other people’s lives 🙂
1. The January 8 week mindfulness course is already booking. Please spread the word. 9th Jan – 27th Feb 2020, Thursdays 7.30-9.30pm Poster attached. Early bird ends this Sunday!
2. Looking for an original Christmas present? Why not take your friend or a loved one to a Mindfulness Retreat with the Soul. My new offering in January is a full day Soul Mapping and Mindfulness workshop, 26th January, 10am-4pm. The first one was held in November and it got fully booked so quickly that I haven’t even had a chance to advertise it here. If you are curious please see the description of the day in attachments. If you have any questions or would like to book a place email me directly. It is £40 for the full day event, but if booked before 24th Dec you will pay only £35.
3. Offerings from friends and colleagues in the area:
- This Sunday 15th of Dec my friend Noel Watkins is offering a special Biodanza half-day session at The Hollies, (North Leeds) 11am-4pm. If you are up for a wonderful meditation through dance and movement, there are still places available. Text Noel on 07986 095528 or email him email@example.com to book or for more info.
- And next Saturday 21st of December my friend Sam Fong from Sheng Yoga (former Leeds Yoga Studio right in the city Centre) is organising a Merry Sheng Christmas – a full Wellbeing Day of mini-workshops, talks, taster classes, vegan lunch and live music in the evening. A perfect way to get into the Christmas spirit of togetherness. For full schedule please go to the studio’s Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
4. Psychedelics-Assisted Therapy My journey continues. I just came back from another beautiful retreat last week and 3 weeks ago I attended a full-day workshop in London offered by researchers and clinicians from the Imperial College London, the University of Greenwich, and South London and Maudsley NHS Trust. It was really mind-blowing! I am really fascinated by this new form of psychotherapy and personal development work so I will want to share more articles and podcasts on the subject.
- If The Greater Good Science Centre at the University of California, Berkeley is publishing an article on Psychedelics that says something in itself, so here you go https://greatergood.berkeley.
edu/article/item/can_a_ psychedelic_experience_ improve_your_life
- Here is an article from The Guardian about the psychotherapeutic benefits of psychedelic retreats offered in Holland. It was published on the 17th November https://www.theguardian.com/
lifeandstyle/2019/nov/16/a- psychedelic-retreat-proves-a- healing-trip
- And a very short article that appeared in The Times a few weeks ago. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/
article/mythical-drug- ayahuasca-offers-clue-to- consciousness-mpblbzkzs
- Here is another interesting one, this one on MDMA-assisted therapy for the treatment of Social Anxiety in Autistic Adults. It is from The Multidisciplinary Association of Psychedelic Studies, which was established in 1986. It is probably more for the academics or health care professionals among you, but not exclusively https://maps.org/research/
- Here is a link to a series of podcasts by the award-winning lecturer in psychology, cognitive science, and Buddhism, John Vervaeke from the University of Toronto. https://m.youtube.com/user/
- And here is one of the lectures from the Breaking Convention Conference I attended in London in August. Charlotte Walsh is a legal academic at Leicester Law School, University of Leicester, where she runs a course on Criminology, with a focus on drug policy. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
5. The first warm-up event for next year’s MoMM will be on the 24th of January in Sheng Yoga Studio (former Leeds Yoga) 7-9pm. If you enjoyed taking part last year or if you missed it then mark the day in your calendar and come to connect with the rest of the MoMM tribe.
As always please share your thoughts or reflections and of course do let me know if you no longer want to receive these updates.With love and gratitude,